Activating a Course
There is No Going Back!
Once you activate a course, there is no going back! You cannot make any changes to the course such as reordering or adding tasks. You can still make changes to titles and descriptions of tasks and questions, but if you need to change any other part of a task or the course, you will need to copy the course and reactivate the new one. Reviewing your course AFTER you activate, but BEFORE you assign anyone to the course is an important step.
Previewing a Course
Activate and Preview a Course
Activate your Emergency Preparedness course. Return to the Start Page, navigate to course, and then preview the first Video task.
- Click ACTIVATE Course.
- Read the Alert Box and click OK.
- Click anywhere on the page to scroll up.
- Return to the home page.
- Navigate to your course by clicking the main menu on the navigation bar and then clicking Learning Targets > Courses.
- Click Emergency Preparedness.
- Click the Videos folder and preview the Introduction video.
- Great job!
I Made a Mistake! Now What?
Copy and Edit a Course After Activation
Copy your Emergency Preparedness course and upload an updated version of the FEMA checklist. Expire your Old Version of the course.
- Click Admin Tools.
- From the Choose a tool... list, click On-demand .
- From the Choose a page... list click Add/Edit Custom Courses.
- Click anywhere on the page to scroll down.
- Copy the active Emergency Preparedness course.
- Rename the active Emergency Preparedness course to Old Version Emergency Preparedness.
- Click Save Course.
- Click Copy of Emergency Preparedness and change the Template Name to Emergency Preparedness.
- Click Emergency Preparedness Resources to open the folder and then click FEMA Checklist.
- Click Choose File and select Updated FEMA_checklist.pdf. Then click Open.
- Click Save Task.
- Click ACTIVATE Course. Click OK in the Alert Box.
- Click Old Version - Emergency Preparedness and click Expire Course.
- Click OK in the Caution box.
- The new course has the changes you made to the File Download task.
Percentage to Pass vs. Require Facilitation
It's important to understand the consequences of changing these settings. If you mark a percentage to pass and then check the box to Require Facilitation, the percentage will have no effect (because you indicate that you must facilitate the answers). Requiring facilitation would be useful if you are using Free-response Question tasks. But it is far more common to set a percentage (and remembering NOT to check the box to Require Facilitation) if you are using Multiple-choice Question tasks and allow the system to determine the correct answers.
Add Grayson as a facilitator for your Emergency Preparedness course.
- Click Admin Tools.
- Click Choose a tool... and then click Course.
- Click the Course User Tool button.
- Click anywhere to scroll down.
- Select Grayson Sawyer and then click Add facilitator.
- You now have another facilitator for your course.
Administration and Facilitation
© School Improvement Network, LLC All rights reserved.